Saturday 11 September 2010

The cup returns





September is the month for taking entries to Kenilworth Horticultural Autumn Show. I was going to enter some baking, but was not at all in the mood for baking that day. Having studied the schedule, I went through my preserves cupboard, and the garden, looking for suitable entries. Here they are together with the cup I won last year for my jam, polished and ready to be returned and who knows where it will end up for the next year........

The following morning, I lay out my prizes, the cup is back having won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize for my jams, first prize for my marmalade and again my wild plum jam won the cup for the class of jams, jellies, chutneys, pickles and marmalades. There were many entries so I was well 'chuffed'. After the presentation, I offered my pots up for sale, with proceeds going to the club. My geranium won third prize in the flowering plants section, but my two pots of succulents were not ranked as they were marked 'not as per schedule', because the schedule said one plant, which I had quickly read as one pot! As they say in exams your must read the question and only answer that!


.

1 comment: