Sunday 9 December 2012

Coconut Buns

I've written about making coconut buns before, these buns which are an afternoon treat in Mauritius.  I am very fortunate to have a Mauritian friend living just round the corner, and when a baking day recently, , I remembered that I had promised to have MC over, and teach her the technique for rolling and shaping the dough.  When the dough was ready to shape, and I had called her, and after a quick chat, and demonstration, MC was shaping the dough....


After she went back home, the buns doubled in their own time, and after their rise to glory in the oven, we had a great batch for tea.....


The weather though, had turned very nasty, and I did not feel like walking round, and MC' husband likewise, so the next morning, I walked round for a few for their family to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment