Saturday 13 December 2014

Lisbon 4th stop

It seems ages since we returned, and my late posting just shows that I have had other things to do and think about.  However when I look through my pics, I can see what a lovely City Lisbon is.
 

It was pretty cool and damp, the magnificent central Praca de Commercio with its central statue of King Jose I, is surrounded by high colonnaded walks






and as we only had a short time, and I had not made plans beforehand, we just took the open air bus to give us an overview of the place.  Afterwards we had a little walk around, up a tall hill along wide stone steps, then down again.  The colours of the painted walls, the stone and the greenery gave this city a vibrant and fresh feel, and certainly a city to revisit and spend far more time there.


There is so much to see, lovely little touches around each corner, delicious pastry shops

little statues
antique trams


ancient monuments


 and great views too from the shipside.


No comments:

Post a Comment