Saturday 24 June 2017

Holiday Reading


One thing about hot weather and holidays is there is plenty of time to read.  Tracy Chevalier's books have always hit the spot as far as I am concerned.  I knew about this one when it was still on the printing blocks...loving trees as I do, this had a double attraction.  I ordered At the Edge of the Orchard  from the Library.  Cost £1.....Sorry no review but if you click on the link, you can read all out it.
My friend and blogger has just posted a very good review of another author new to me: Fredrik Backman.  She has written an excellent review, so I have ordered that book from the Library too.  I am so proud of the Library Service we have, and having a small house, and limited shelving, and a preference of reading rather than dusting books, I keep the home shelves mainly for reference books.

I read a light read  and left it in the hotel library...read some on my Hudl...and also read Mr S's library book:


Again a very interesting read..and I shall be looking out for S D Sykes first book in this series.  I have chosen to give a link to a review.  Read it if you wish.  I prefer to discover the stories in books, as I read along, rather than have a good outline before I start.  However, it is rather good to read a review and summary after one has finished a book too.  Sometimes it makes one want to go back and reread them!

Joining the reading book club at Kenilworth WI really got me into reading novels again, so I am very grateful to them.  I have also found out what their current read is and will be looking out for that one too.  It would be nice to find a new reading group near me...but let me catch up with some home improvements....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, much appreciated. Interesting reviews, a bit dark for me I think, but good to know. Having lived in the library as a child and teenager a new book to me is one of my greatest pleasures, the smell of the paper and fresh ink, the untouched paper, I love it all. They then if not kept for another read, which they often are, do a very good loop around Kenilworth via my mother and all her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I recommend, The Sewing Machine by Natalie Fergie, a brilliant first novel by an independent yarn dyer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks really interesting, thanks for that Diane.

      Delete