Sunday 18 March 2018

Bun Muska and Snow

Having one or two new bakers join the Facebook page baking through Jane Mason's Book of Buns, and displaying their bakes is a good way of inspiring me, so out came  one of my favourite baking books.

It was rather cold yesterday and starting to snow.  I had planned to walk up to Wells Market and buy my usual dozen eggs, but put off the outing.  With just four eggs left after breakfast, I went through the book and chose Bun Muska to bake again, and took out some left over frozen egg wash from the freezer to thaw.  

It was March 2016 when I last baked these.  I wish I had read that post first...then I would have been reminded to coat the bottoms with seeds too!



Looking out on a snowy scene this morning, what nicer than fresh coffee  Bun Muska warmed in the oven, and recently made rhubarb jam, for breakfast.


As usual six went into the freezer yesterday evening, with two reserved for breakfast this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment