Monday 16 April 2018

More plants

Its only after I bought two more little plants that I have vowed to myself that I must really get the garden sorted...and get beds ready for planting.

Dicentra cucullaria 

I love green in its many forms and when I saw the foliage of Dicentra Cucullaria on the little stand in Wells run by Graham from Tadham Alpines, I just had to get it.  Only when I got back home did I start my research.  In doing so I found a very good source of information on growing Dicentra Cucullaria   The author of this blog is Roger Brook who holds the national Dicentra collection.




The second plant was Iris Knick Knack ...a little miniature iris white with blue markings.  Its many years since I grew iris so why not start with a little one!

In my last garden I had a lovely patch of Dicentra Eximia also known as Fringed Bleeding Heart, but it was not amongst the cuttings or small plants brought here.  They must have died down completely and in the rush to move home, forgot about it.



It often featured successfully in my arrangements


A really precious little plant to me which also got left behind was Epimedium Grandiflorum Lilafee, I notice that Graham has this on his web site so that will be one for the next order.

1 comment:

  1. Hope that you manage to replace your lovely epimedium.

    ReplyDelete