Monday 20 August 2018

In a Vase on Monday - Fuchsia fairy

I don't believe my 'special fairy' has made much of a thing about posing...maybe just as my friend who gave this to me many years ago, she is camera shy.  Ever since Kay gave me this, the fairy has over the years been in a number of different plant pots, and its lovely to glimpse her whether she is in the garden or somewhere in the house.  She has even had major surgery, with a careful reattached  wing.

My GD's favourite fairy is the Fuchsia fairy, so just this once my special fairy has decided to perch amongst the fuchsias in my vase this week.



Only during the last week or so, with cooler temperatures and natural rain have the fuchsias started to flourish.

Unlike most of the pink, purple, red, white ones...this is a clear coral.


A little waving of Japanese Grass Hakonechloa to add a little movement.  

There is movement..trains..and Glorious blooms and a vase that is made of glass but does not look like it ...so there is more than ample reason to see Cathy's post this week.
I even read out the post to Mr S as he too likes trains...





11 comments:

  1. I had to smile when I saw that you had read the post out to Mr S! :) Your fuchsia fairy is so pretty - what is she made of? I had several resin ones but their wings tended to break off too and sadly were too heavy to respond to superglue... :( The grass was an inspired addition and the whole little arrangemnet is a delight - thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was all smiles when I read your post, and as Mr was at his modelling bench in the same room as my desk, read it a second time out loud. The fairy is made of resin...luckily Mr S is very good with his hands and has various glues...Ah the memories that are the glue of the soul!

      Delete
  2. Your fairy looks perfectly happy snoozing amongst the fuchsias. So glad her surgery was successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairies always bring a touch of grace - I've got a few hiding out in my own garden. I'm please to see your fuchsia fairy among her namesake blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, Fuchsias are a dream for me- I need a fairy to grow them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but it works - what could be better; did your GD help with the choice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No GD lives too far away, but when we meet, we always find time to talk plants....she loved the fuchsias since she was able to point!! And last time when we were looking for the Nasturtium fairy, when asked she said her favourite fairy was the Fuchsia Fairy.

      Delete
  6. Oh your fuchsia fairy looks most content perched there. A broken wing sounds most serious indeed! She has obviously recovered and can enjoy dreaming her days away. A really pretty flower Noelle. Is it a hardy variety of fuchsia?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Fuchsia was grown from a couple of stems of flowers given to me in a posy from a friend a few years ago. I don't even know the variety. I put the plant in its pot in the shed overwinter, on the dry side, watered once every few weeks just to prevent desiccation. It has come through two or three years in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so pretty and exotic looking. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy...fuchsias grow quite easily here in Somerset, but some of them are not totally hardy.

      Delete