Monday 13 April 2020

In a Vase on Monday - Easter Flowers

Last night we had high buffeting winds but no rain.  As I listened to the storm I wondered how the flowers I had cut last night were faring outside on the garden table and wondering whether I would have to pick shards of broken glass.  First light saw a falling in the wind, and I was able to bring in the flowers and jar unharmed.  The garden is strew with leaves from the evergreen oak and it will probably take me all week to clear them.



In the Caithness glass vase: A few dark purple heuchera leaves together with  Narcissus Thalia, Pulmonaria Sissinghurst white, and Centaurea montana alba.  The Narcissi in particular tend to bring out sniffles in this household.  However I love arranging flowers and if in doubt, am really glad to be able to share them with neighbours. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what other gardeners will have brought together as they join Cathy for this weekly get together....Cathy has posted a new car boot sale vase and some tulips.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of flower shapes, and all white! Very pretty and fresh. I particularly like the centaurea. Mine is no where near flowering yet, and when it does it is a very dark blackberry colour, almost black! Happy Easter. Amanda https://therunningwave.blogspot.com/2020/04/in-vase-on-easter-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at your post and loved those little violets. On our walk yesterday along the lanes, the wild ones were already covered by the foliage of all the other wild flowers coming up. It is a treat to go out violet spotting early in the year.

      Delete
  2. I am glad your little CG vase did not come to any harm, Noelle. The contents look really pretty in it - the white centaurea is so striking (I have a newish one, which is still settling in) and how lovely to have enough of the pulmonaria to cut - my Sissinghurst white are really straggly and never look happy at all! Sorry to hear about your narcissus sniffles but thanks for sharing your vase with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very pretty composition, Noelle. I'm particularly taken by the Centaurea montana, a plant I've tried to grow but thus far have failed to get to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that white Centurea. I have the blue one, but it’s not flowering yet. I have the white pulmonaria which I love. Happy Easter Monday. Love karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely combination of white and green and different shaped flowers. The white Centaurea is very striking. I love the white Pulmonaria too. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy...are you asking a question? The Pulmonaria Sissinghurst White is one of the bees' favourites in the spring time.

      Delete
    2. I think the two question marks were an emoji that obviously doesn‘t work on your blog! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Glad the wind spared your vase. Love your choice of all white and green for this vase. I haven't been able to grow Centaurea and am really enjoying seeing this white one. Thalia are such nice narcissus. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a gorgeous combination and it looks lovely with the caithness vase too. narcissi make me sneeze too. I've gone with tulips in my vase this. Love Bec (views from my garden bench).

    ReplyDelete