Sunday 10 May 2020

Liked them so much I made two: Teapot cosies

An old unfinished project was frogged: aka technical knitting term for undoing yarn.  The first teaccosy made on a knit, unknit, reknit xxx times till it was right.  The second one was just a copy, and worth while doing whilst I had all the notes,  but with the addition of my favourite colour: green as a contrast.

The polo neck, surely they are due for a resurgence, was added to accommodate the knob on this lovely stainless steel pot.  Mr S manages to get three full mugs which he drinks at each sitting....


It is Mr S who has tea, but I do look at the teapot on the table!  Mats were colour coded with an addition of a 'crocheted' edge.



I have a friend Diana who is a wiz with colour work.  I find it tricky but using the technique known as mosaic knitting manage not to end up with unruly and untidy backs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment