Sunday 21 November 2021

Another lunch dish success

 Having got in from our 'Round Hay Hill' road walk this lunch time, it was time to get something quick for lunch. I was starting to wish it had been hot soup.

I was going to make a beetroot salad, but just going outside to pick some fresh garden green leaves, the thought of a cold lunch was a little too much! Or rather not enough and chilling.  I racked my brains.  We have cold roasted pumpkin, and some chicken livers.  I had bought two 'huge chickens' at the market, with one being frozen Christmas Day and had the livers from these.  After my experiment last time with having them sliced as an appetiser, a dish formed itself in my mind as I was searching through the fridge.

Butter, green pumpkin seeds for crunchiness, Marsala wine and more butter for richness, and a drizzle of the Sweet Chilli Sauce from our nearby Bioaqua Farm.  The pumpkin cubes were warmed in sizzling butter, and after seven minutes pushed to the side of the pan, with the livers fried whole till pink.  They were removed, then sliced and returned to the pan to be tossed in the butter and marsala reduction.


Together with a slice of home made granary bread, a fine and delicious lunch, followed by fruit and Dates and Brazil Nuts.

From time to time you create a dish unique to the circumstances and what you just happen to have in the fridge, and this is a dish worth repeating and repeating.


No comments:

Post a Comment