Thursday 4 March 2010

Admiration at Kenilworth Knit and Natter Group

As I shall soon be washing all the baby things I have knitted, I took the completed baby blanket into this week's Kenilworth Knit and Natter session at the Almanack. The blanket was much admired and I explained the meaning of parts of the design which use traditional Guernsey stitches, and how I knitted and attached the garter stitch border. Someone suggested that I write out the pattern and 'publish' it. I guess once the shawl is out of my hands, this won't be possible, so I shall put my mind to it this coming week.

Should I sell any patterns, then I think it is fit for the proceeds to go to a baby unit somewhere, so I shall have to find one nearby.

Earlier in the week, I went over to Harjinders to pick up my lost needle and tape measure, which she had rescued a couple of weeks back from the table at the Almanack. She showed me some of her quilts, silk painting, and other wall decorations, and I was bowled over by her skill at both in design, execution and choice of fabrics. Harjinder brought some recent sewing projects to this week's knit and natter session, and she had made the sweetest pair of pink corduroy baby dungarees, and also a peg bag and cooking apron. The group is pretty talented and a forum for all sorts of topics and skill sharing.

Its great to see friends knitting projects finished: Mandy was sporting her jacket with the wonderful wooden toggles, whilst one of Mandy's smaller baby jackets was being worn by a cute little lad.

1 comment:

  1. Noelle, I have no doubt whatsoever that the shawl is even more beautiful in real life than it is in your photo!! What a good idea it is to publish your pattern and to donate to a baby unit. I look foward to it becoming available.

    ReplyDelete