Saturday 4 December 2010

Knitting and baking


I seem to gravitate towards Knitting and Baking when the snow and ice makes venturing out less attractive. On Wednesday morning, I was wondering what to make for our Gardening Evening Club Party. I just did not feel like going out shopping, so I went through my stash of ingredients, and came up with a tasty seasonal mix.

*


I made cake mix and added cranberries, chopped fresh apple, and slowly roasted pecans. As I used the whole 250g butter block, I had sufficient mixture to make 12 cup cakes and another small slab of cake. I sifted some icing sugar over the cup cakes. * Several gardening friends came up to ask for the recipe for these. *



*

In the afternoon, some of the slab was eaten up, when a few of my knitting friends came round for the first session of our lap rug project. We have worked on the pattern for the crocheted squares and under Jackie's guidance, we all managed to crochet similar sized squares, adjusting our tension by changing technique or hook size. I must say how much I admire Jackie, Nicki and Janice for braving the weather.

*



*
These little snow flakes have fluttered into my blog, and allowing the space between the paragraphs which I have trying unsuccessfully to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment