Thursday 26 May 2011

Cyprus



We arrived at St George Paphos after a very short transfer from the airport. After a rest, we had our first walk along the quiet beach front promenade.

.

This picture was taken across an adjacent garden towards our room. If this was a postcard I could mark the room with an X. It felt cooler than England, but then we were in the throws of a very early summer back home. We explored the grounds and had a short walk, but then not being well, we went back to our room for me to have a rest, in readiness for dinner.

I could see that there was a wide variety of interesting plants growing along the coast and looked forward to sorties on following days: this picture of flower buds of wild leek or onion type plant silhouetted against the evening sky seemed to sum up my mood that evening.



As the holiday progressed, and the cossetting offered by the hotel worked its magic charm, my mood lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment