Monday 23 July 2018

In a Vase on Monday - White Hot

Its white hot, and the conservatory is not the place for flowers...but this little glass rhino, a present from my friend Diana many years ago feels completely at home there.


In a little while the arrangement will be placed on the chest in the guest bedroom, where my sister visiting from Spain will be able to enjoy it.

Against the black slate board, the arrangement made up of just three elements stands out....


White agapanthus, Brunnera Jack Frost to remind us that one day it will be cool again, both plants given by my neighbour Val,  and a stem of  Fuchsia microphyilla 'Silver Linings'.


Cathy who hosts this meme created a posy to take to a barbie...go and see what lovely blooms she has cut from the garden for this, and maybe check in to see what others have come up with.

11 comments:

  1. Ah, that's why you asked about the coalls!! What a cool arrangement it is - definitely no heat being generated there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arrangement works so beautifully together and pops with that white vase! Your glass rhino is delightful!! The Ngwenya Glass Company is a great place in Swaziland - I hope one day you get to go and see the factory and all it's doing for the country as well as to see Swaziland too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and very effective. Your glass rhino would be at home in a warm conservatory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cool arrangement is accented perfectly with the glass rhino. I hope you and your sister have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noelle, I love the simplicity and elegance of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cooling arrangement and the rhino.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simplicity and uniqueness of this arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy...when it is this hot, the approach achieving simplicity in most things helps relieve the pressures.

      Delete
  8. Oh that agapanthus and brunnera leaf are such perfect companions Noelle. I hope that you are enjoying your sister's visit and that she is still appreciating our cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, my sister filmed me working hard lifting turf, just so that she could contrast this with my sitting pretty in my frock eating scones, clotted cream and jam! Now she is back where night time temps are not falling below 30 C. I count my blessings.

      Delete