Thursday 7 March 2024

Lemon and Ginger Teacakes

Friday bun day has been a tradition for quite a few years now.  It used to be some afternoon tea time treat, but these days it has migrated to a breakfast treat instead.  I usually make a batch of enriched buns and freeze most of the batch to use on the following Fridays.

Lemon and ginger teacakes

It can't be far off the twentieth time I have baked these tea cakes, the recipe is still on its Waitrose paper, cut out and stapled in my Bread Baking note book.  Although I can easily access the recipe on line, I am holding onto the paper copy, as one can never tell if it will fall off the listing on line!

As there were no buns for Friday Bun Breakfast tomorrow, this morning a nice batch was made.  This time I used some fresh yeast which I picked up yesterday morning from the baker at Morrison's fresh bread counter, and many of  the techniques I have learnt from Bake with Jack, and they came up as the best batch ever.  

PS Having eaten them for Friday breakfast I realised I forgot the mixed spice, they are OK list this but they are definitely a lesser bun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment