Wednesday 20 January 2016

Laverne Socks finished


With my last project completed, yesterday I was rooting around for another knitting project, and looked through my stash of yarn.  I have a couple of skein of Colinette Jitterbug which I have had stashed for a few years now.  I bought it from the Web of Wool knitting shop in Leamington, where I used to go regularly to the little soiree organised by Anna the Shop Owner, and must have fallen for it one evening.  The shop is now closed.

I have decided to use up the oldest wool first, so started with this gorgeous mainly green one, hand painted from Wakes.  I had read previously that the yardage was a little tight and was a little apprehensive, so with digital scales wound off half, to make sure that I got two socks!



I chose a nice pattern, and got started on that...but then had cold feet....I think quite the right pun here.  The twist is strong and the yarn was not doing justice to the pattern, and the pattern not doing justice to the yarn.  So I have pulled out what I had knitted, and am just making a plain pair.




No comments:

Post a Comment