Friday 1 January 2016

Laverne Socks

My new knitting project: Laverne...a pair of socks, with lots of special stitches...and the need for my little rosewood cable needle.  Several years ago my dear knitting friend Judith gave me three beautiful rosewood cable needles, so whatever project I am working on with cables, there is always just the right one!  I chose this pattern by Rachel Coopey, and is came as an addition to my recent Knitter magazine.  A little more complex than most patterns, as each row is patterned, hence the bite!

I am hoping when they are finished that can be entered later this year, if any local shows are looking for knitting entries.  I entered a pair last year at the Leek Wootton Show.  For the yarn I found a couple of balls in my stash of a really soft sock yarn: Regia Angora Merino.



No comments:

Post a Comment