Sunday 15 September 2019

Teucrium Hircanicum

Having seen Teucrium Hircanicum growing in at least two gardens, one of which is Alison's, over the last couple of years, I was delighted when Alison brought me a little plant.  She brought it over on the day we went to the Bishop's Palace Rare Plant Fair.




It will be cosseted, which means watched, watered when needed etc.  and has plenty of space to grow.  Yes I have noticed I mispelt Hircancicum on the label, and it will be corrected. Today it was planted out in the space vacated by a plant which today was planted in the front garden.

I went on the hunt for more information on this plant and came across an interesting post which just happened to have a Forest Bug on the same post.  Another example of serendipity....another interesting and informative blog on plants and insects.

Whilst I was out in the garden I noticed a pretty 'Shield Bug' on the Fuchsia...From my Complete British Wildlife and also 'Nature Spot' I was able to pinpoint this as a 'Sloe Bug.


If anyone thinks it is something different, please do comment....I like to observe, and don't have much knowledge in the area.




No comments:

Post a Comment