Friday 30 October 2020

Friday Bun Day - using creme pat in a bun for the first time

 Inspired by Weekend Bakery's Cherry and Almond Cream Buns, today being Friday Bun Day, I set to yesterday evening, and made a dough and WB's crème pat.  I used Bake with Jack's dough recipe for this breakfast fruit loaf, mainly as I like egg in an enriched dough which I had used before.  The two loaves made back in August were super successful..


I just love a bake with a crème pattissiere, but made a slight twist on the recipe as I forgot and added vanilla pod, before realising that I ought to have added the almond essence instead.  Since I also love pain aux raisins which I have never made either, I made a sort of pain aux raisins crossed with chelsea bun.  The raisins are some very large black flame raisins which I had on the shelf soaking in Marsala. I made the dough and filling last night, and the dough rose slowly overnight.


Mr S earlier on was disappointed that I was making 'custard' infused buns..not his favourite..but now we have had one, well I wasn't going to make him something different today, he LOVES them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment