Wednesday 22 July 2009

Bartholomew's Tantalizing Socks completed



I first spied this yarn some time ago in Web of Wool. It is Super Soxx colour 630.0074. The colours bring together blues, green, browns etc., in a subtle pallet. Once again I've tried one of the patterns from Cat Bordhi's Book: New Pathways for Sock Knitters. The linen stitch and the sock structure were new to me, and I enjoyed knitting the pattern. I did need to have the book with me, so these socks were not quite the type of easy knitting to take around. I'm taking up my knitting friend Diane's suggestion of having some easy socks on the go, and I'm off shortly to choose something from the stash.




On the more tangy side of knitting I've started some Estonian Lace for the first time. The pattern was downloaded from Knitty and is called Laminaria. I spied the pattern knitted up in Web of Wool in Leamington, and with the light shining through, I was taken by the usual stitches.
I'm knitting this up in a Fuchsia coloured lace weight Hemp. I bought this yarn several years ago form The House of Hemp, at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace. House of Hemp had a stall at Wonder Wool, and seeing the prices there, I must have had the type of moment back in London, where I just feel in love with the whole Hemp concept and did not consider the price! The yarn is very comfortable against skin, and my 'Linda' cardigan is just the thing when I want a light covering during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment