Lets get on with it, it is already nearly time for lunch, but I wouldn't let myself take photographs and dawdle around outside or over the wording for today's Six. For beautifully worded posts the place to head to is over at Jim's.
1. Just by looking at the leaves on this gorgeous Aeonium Medusa, I can tell that the cutting has taken. Obtained as a cutting from Piccolo Plants.
![]() |
| Aeonium Medusa |
2. Had a communication from my son this week about his Crassula Buddha's Temple. The long and the short of it, the one I gave him years ago is now too long and has a community of scale insects. He suggested for his Christmas Present he would love a replacement maybe in a nice pot. It was only when I agreed that he decided to ditch his one, as he likes this succulent too much to be without it. Outside this pot full when cut down would yield the cuttings, which will be rooted in time for Christmas.
![]() |
| Crassula 'Buddha's Temple' |
3. I love autumn and the colours that are emerging this late in the year.
![]() |
| Symphyotrichum novi-belgii 'Purple Dome' |
I divided this last year and all the divisions are doing well.
6. Another plant which has bounced back and a month beyond what her name implies is Japanese Anemone 'September Charm', which only recently made a come back, despite earlier scorched leaves that I had cut back.
4. Another plant that I really ought to divide and move is this Chrysanthemum Chatsworth. It is being rather overwhelmed by Rosa Canary Bird which also needs a little pruning. Going round the garden for SOS is a useful way to take stock of what needs to be done.
![]() |
| Chrysanthemum Chatsworth |
5. For me and this garden the pale pink flowered Sedum 'Frosty Morn' is finally coming into its own. I cut is rather too harshly only just before the heat and the drought. After the rains it bounced back and is looking fab and attracting the bees. The stems are not so big and heavy and there are more smaller stems, which suit me well.
![]() |
| Sedum 'Frosty Morn' |
I'm late because I made myself packet up the seeds for a couple of people who asked and are yet to receive the seeds they asked for.
Seeds left: Ompholodes Linifolia, Tropaeolum tricolor, Miscanthus nepalensis, Tagetes Cinnabar, Tulipa sprengeri, Eryngium 'Silver Ghost', Eryngium Planum Tetra Petra. If anyone fancies trying some let me know. If you haven't already got my email, find me on Facebook and private message me, or if you have Jim's or Gill Heaven's email ask them for mine. Offer of seeds is limited to SOSers or friends.






I remember that 'mum from last year, what a beauty! Your son sounds like a man of great taste, just like his mum. Have a great week x
ReplyDelete