Wednesday 7 October 2009

How long has it been?

Its been ages since I last updated.....I've had a bit of a rest from the computer, and have left checking of emails to about once or at the most twice a week. I've concentrated on getting up to date with housework, and spending time getting myself 'planted' again into the domestic routine.

Only today, when at last I downloaded a stash of pictures, did I realise just how busy I have been. In September we had a glorious two weeks in Whitby, the weather was probably the best two weeks on the trot we have had this year, which on the whole has been disappointingly unsummery.

I needed the rest, what with having to baby sit two chaps who came to sort out some work in the garden, who may or may not turn up etc. and hence the job spanned at least one week longer than it needed to have.

I'm one of those creatures who like their nest, preferably in a neat fashion without disruption etc. The feeling were similar to those I felt when we first moved in, when all was chaos around. Now we are comfortably settled, and Mr S is starting on his new model railway project, having got most of the DIY completed.

There was also a really large plum harvest to deal with: plum jam, plum chutney, finding people to give plums to, plum puddings etc. The poor tree had such a heavy load, it split down the middle, and I have told it that after its prune, I'm allowing it to have a good rest next year. The alternative would be to have uprooted it and plant a new tree, but I've decided to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment