Wednesday 7 October 2009

Bribes or rather presents to myself

I have never been bribed by anyone else, well not to my knowledge and not with things or money! I would never have wanted to be, and would certainly have been offended.


What you see below is what I had decided was my 'bribe' to myself. Well since I do not want to start a long line of bribes, I've now thought this over and have decided to just call them a present to myself: an indulgence in beautiful small things. A gift or a present is welcome from anyone or even oneself at any time!
There are six small beautifully made rosewood needles in a small colourful pouch. The sock needles are very pointy, not quite as bendy as bamboo needles, and I'm told pretty strong. These days I am favouring bamboo needles, but can't find the shorter sock 12.5 cm needles in a quality bamboo. Whilst knitting amongst friends last night at Web of Wool, I felt I needed a little pick up, and an incentive to start up my blog again, so spent my pocket money on these and on two cards of beautiful ceramic buttons, hand made in England by Avril Tillman. The glaze is just so beautiful, and sadly the pictures just cannot portray the texture and colours.

I love ceramics, and enjoy spending time in Museums and Galleries gazing at ceramics both ancient and modern. Except for breakages, unlike textiles, ceramics usually remain virtually undamaged by the ravages of time.

2 comments:

  1. I love Avril's buttons they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle, I think what we have here is a "to me, from me" present, perfectly acceptable under any circumstances. Personally I always seem to have a small amount of unspent "birthday money" available if I come across something small but beautiful. The buttons look lovely as do the needles.

    ReplyDelete