Sunday 5 February 2012

Felted and embroidered picture complete

In January I looked forward to the second workshop at the Herbert.  I had learnt how to use the free motion stitch properly on the sewing machine, and finalised on my design. 

After several hours manipulating the surface fibres and sewing, having first trialed some of the effects on waste fabric, I felt that I had achieved what I wanted.  Michala was very attentive, and gave the class ample tips and advice, most useful being which  threads to use to create the effects we were trying to achieve.


Now I shall have to have it framed, as I think as it is it will just collect dust and be difficult to clean.



Isn't this brooch made between the two classes by a fellow talented student just so cute.  I'm hoping that soon I shall get a call to say that mine is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment