Monday 7 September 2020

In a Vase on Monday - September garden blooms

 Seeing Cathy's bright arrangement this week is enough to bring sunshine into your day whatever the weather. 

In our mixed shower and sunshine type of weather, I have enjoyed catching half and hour here and there, in the garden. This week's vase sitting on my kitchen counter this morning will remind me of the long strange summer we have had, and of the flowers that have adorned the garden this September.

Linaria 'Canon Went, , Verbena rigida, Fuchsia Hawkshead,  Astrantia Major 'Sunningdale Variegated', Geranium Rozanne, Aster amellus 'King George', and finally Dahlia Gallery Art Fair and an ornamental origano, name unknown.  Both of the last plants came from Alison C!  For all of us missing her on our weekly SOS.  The good news is that Alison, although she has been very busy with her flower business and expanding on the planting in her garden, is coming over next Sunday to meet up and visit the Bishop's Palace where we have the first slot book for the Rare Plants Fair.


4 comments:

  1. I love the mix in your little Caithness Glass vase (see,I noticed it, tucked away in there!) today, Noelle - the colours complement each other beautifully. How exciting to have a visit to a rare plant fair with another blogger to look forward to - prompts me into checking whether our local 'circuit' has been happening

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gentle colours. I do love asters! I had one very similar to the one in your pretty vase in my last garden. I really should get another! Amanda https://therunningwave.blogspot.com/2020/09/a-september-song-in-my-vase-on-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mix of flowers, Noelle. I wish I could grow asters like that - mine look weedy by comparison (and have in fact proven to be weedy in the garden too). I sighed at the mention of your pretty Fuchsia. I planted one of these shrubs last year and was pleased that it survived that summer but, sadly, it hasn't survived the current one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely mix!
    Fond memories of our meet up at the Plant Fair - please give my love to Alison.

    ReplyDelete