Monday 15 May 2023

In a Vase on Monday - Parrots and Wisdom

 After all I said last week, I have gained inner wisdom for a little time, and realised that IVOM has so much to offer, too long to list, with connections to people. to thoughts and to plants.  Here I am again! Joining in and supporting Cathy in this weekly get together.  I may come and go, and falter, but Cathy despite everything is here.


For the first time however here are Parrot Tulips of great beauty and intricacy which almost all of nature exhibits if one looks closely. I've also learnt from Cathy that these Parrot Tulips can come back the following year, so I shall be looking for a place to plant these in the garden.  Foliage are the largest of leaves produced of the Arum Italicum.



I had a second pot of these and having picked them all will be able to replant the pot ready for Summer.


The arrangement is on the dining room table with my two parrot pictures behind the Parrot Tulips.  





Wise words are written on the picture of  The red-tailed black cockatoo which I often ponder over.  Whether it is written or thought, there is no dishonour on leaving those behind, moving on, and finding new ways of achieving a balance. 






When I walked passed a Charity Shop in Kenilworth and spied these two prints on the floor, I hardly thought they would be gracing our walls all these years.  Its a trick of the camera but our walls are the pale green rather than the acqua.




7 comments:

  1. On reading your introduction I felt I had to seek out your post from last week, and it was interesting to read through your thought process and the partial circle you have made since. You know full well how diligent I am with IAVOM, and I have often said it is a privilege to host it as I know from what people have said how much they gain from creating their vases. You have confirmed this too, Noelle, and it means a lot to me how you phrased it - thank you.

    Your parrot tulips are lovely and how curious that they triggered you looking at your parrot pictures and noticing the words on the leaves, as you will have done many times before, just when you they would prove to be especially relevant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all appreciate all the care you take with your anchoring posts, and I like it that there is one vase, with just a few different elements, but with a nice little story about the prop or other important bits of news which we are privileged to share. At present I can get overwhelmed with 'plenty' or 'over exuberance', preferring quiet and simplicity.

      Delete
  2. Your parrot tulips are amazing, Noelle. Hope you find plenty of the time you need to renew and replenish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The parrot tulips in your vase are every bit as bright and chirpy as the birds themselves Noelle. Your prints were one of those serendipitous finds and must have given you much pleasure over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The parrot tulips are works of art, Noelle. Thank you for sharing them, as well as the prints you found at that charity shop. To paraphrase your earlier statement, beauty is to be found everywhere, if one just looks carefully enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulips are really gorgeous Noelle, and I do hope they come back in the garden for you. I am very fond of parrot tulips but do not have such pretty prints of parrots as yours. What a great find! I somehow missed your post last week, but am in any case glad you shared these lovely flowers with us. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  6. The parrot tulips are a gorgeous color...perfect for a vase!

    ReplyDelete