Monday 8 May 2023

In a Vase on Monday

 I've been contributing to In a Vase on Monday for a few years, and most of the plants have featured once or twice in vases.  In some cases many more times that that.  This time it may be first that the Ajuga reptans 'Atropurpurea' is featuring,  




I am going through a period when I feel that I wish to have a little space, to be quiet and post to my own rhythm.  My friends who log in regularly to my blog will understand and forgive me.  Of course your support and comments on posts are always welcome and I shall respond to them.  I may also pop in to view the memes and comment as and when I feel I have the time or inclination, and of course I have my good friend's blogs that I shall continue to follow.  Fear not, there is nothing wrong, but it is time to step back a little.

This is April/May's book club read, which quite surprisingly I enjoyed, and can't quite put into words how Clare Chambers managed to write about these various topics with 'In a Good Light' which piqued my curiosity and got me turning pages. With different characters and unusual situations it is indeed a good read.  As I went to check reviews just now I read that 'Without even noticing, Esther Fairchild has become locked into routine'.  The penny has dropped: that is how I have been feeling for a few weeks about my interests and blogging!


I picked this book up second hand at our last HPS meeting, and I shall be dipping into this over the coming days.  Mr S and I visited Highgrove just before the Queen died last year, and the gardens were totally inspiring. 



Although I have kept the title this week, as it is Monday and I am showing a vase of flowers from the garden picked today, I won't be linking my post to that of Cathy's, and the same goes for SOS which is on Saturdays when I write about six items from the garden.  I shan't be linking in, but as and when I find something interesting to say about plants in the garden, these will be written about in an ad hoc manner.  I have used the label Garden Posies which I used to  use before joining in with IAVOM.

2 comments:

  1. We all need those quiet times to reflect Noelle so no need at all for us to forgive you! 'In A Good Light' is another one of those books lined up on my Kindle waiting for me to read. I visited Highgrove with my local horticultural society back in August 2010 which was a fascinating experience. I expect that the King will not be able to spend as much time there now as he previously did. I like the ajuga - such an intense colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I particularly liked the meadows and the avenue of lime trees which were in flower and wafted the more relaxing perfume around the garden.

      Delete