Monday 31 July 2023

Two pretty moths found in the garden this week

 This month we have had many butterflies and other flying insects in the garden, some I have already shown on my Six on Saturday posts. 

Small Purple & Gold Moth, Pyrausta aurata


Small Purple & Gold Moth, Pyrausta aurata



I have quite a few Marjorams and mints including Apple Mint  growing which are some of the larval food  plant for this species.

 White Plume Moth (Pterophorus pentadactyla)

White Plume Moth (Pterophorus pentadactyla)


Mr S rescued a Hummingbird Hawk Moth from the conservatory during the week. I am going to post these two moths photographed on the Somerset Moth website.







1 comment:

  1. I've not seen either of those moths before. We've got a few butterflies in the garden, but I've not noticed any moths (although one or two small ones creep inside every now and then!).

    ReplyDelete