Monday 21 August 2023

In a Vase on Monday - Too busy

Not really too busy, but busy doing other things such as hosting my lovely sister and partner.  Suffice it to say I am posting and using flowers photographed from over a week ago.  I really wanted to show them as they are a combination of flowers from the garden and those that Alison brought over.  I had invited Alison to come along for the flower festival at the Bishop's Palace in Wells.  On my return I combined the flowers.  


It has been some time since Alison has posted on our In a Vase on Monday but just thought you would like to know that  she is well, and her business and growing of  flowers are thriving. 

 It was the 70th Anniversary of the Wells Floral Art Club.  There were sections for the different decades, and together we went round assessing and discussing, admiring, and most of all realising that sadly some of the arrangements were still using oasis, and many of the flowers even though could be grown in the UK obviously came from abroad through the Continental Flower markets.  Having been round the whole show, both our top awards went to the arrangements made by Teresa from the plants grown in the Palace Gardens.



These are just a few of the fine arrangements.












8 comments:

  1. I thought that you were being quiet Noelle and wondered whether you might be on holiday 🤔 Great to hear that you've been enjoying time with family and Alison. I'm so pleased to learn that her business is flourishing. Please pass on my best wishes when you're next in touch. Love your vase and Teresa's eye-catching porch display too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice array of arrangements. I like the fireplace one! And yours, a nice color combination reminiscent of late summer. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are incredible arrangements. And your vase is a sweet assortment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made good use of Alison's flowers, Noelle. I miss her blog posts but I follow her on Instagram. A floral art club - how fun! That's something I can't even imagine seeing here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous arrangements! The fireplace one is amazing, but I like the big bowls of flowers best. And your vase is lovely too Noelle, with a sweet rose at the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have news of Alison, thank you. What a difference it would make if the general floristry industry used just British grown flowers - but there again, I know I buy fruit and veg grown outside the UK, although from IAVOM we do know that material is available all year round from our gardens. Good to see what blooms you and Alison have grown between you 👍 ps I was intrigued by the arrangement with the yellow 'flames'

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many lovely arrangements, it must have smelled amazing in there. I am in love with the fireplace one in particular and am now entertaining a vague notion of doing something to place to decorate the woodstove...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a lovely day out to see these extraordinary arrangements and the imagination of the florists. I wouldn't know where to start with one of these. Your vase looks very pretty. It's nice to be remembered and I do often think of IAVOM. It certainly teaches you to use what is available and be creative.

    ReplyDelete