Wednesday 13 March 2024

Honey and Spice Cake

Fancying a spicy bake, and having resolved to work towards the one out, and then a little more space, I leafed through Exceptional Cakes by Dan Lepard and Richard Whittington. I've had this book since 2011 and it is time to move it on.  Before that I thought I would try the Honey and Spice Cake.


Thanks to a search on Google I found that my original post dated 2014 after I had finished baking this.  What a coincidence, however this time I divided the dough into 2 x 500g tins.  I had forgotten that I had baked this, as the book was not marked, and isn't it strange that I was drawn to the same recipe. The book will now be passed on, and next time I shall try a different version Dan Lepard's Honey and Treacle Cake .

Tonight's pudding:  a slice of warmed up cake, a drizzle of honey and a little custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment