Monday 25 March 2024

In a Vase on Monday

The top flower this week has to be these two stems of Narcissus Thalia which despite the rain and cold winds, and ever marauding slugs and snails is sufficiently perfect to reach today's small arrangement.  Joining them are some stems of Brunnera Jack Frost and Pittosporum Tom Thumb.


On my way back from cutting these, I passed the Primulas which had been potted up for display on the 'shed shelf', and with the purple in the middle of the Primula Gold Lace matching the dark purple of the Pittosporum, a few were snipped for this arrangement.  The Vase is a lovely pebble shaped vase which with its small opening hold such flowers nicely without the need for any additional aids. 

On Mondays Cathy posts and a few of us join her in showing a vase from material from our garden.  The idea should you wish to join in, is that you post your vase and you make a link to it within the comments section.  Otherwise using the link, you will undoubtedly find several other pretty arrangement to enjoy. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely as the Narcissus blooms are, it was the Primula that grabbed my attention, Noelle. It is spectacular! The dark Pittosporum stems accent those flowers perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the contrast between Thalia and Tom Thumb is wonderful Noelle - but then it's further enhanced by the river of auricula running through it, with the freshness of the brunnera above... this is lovely 😊 ps I signed up again to follow you and get notifications of your posts but I still don't get anything. which is very odd...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the burgundy offsetting the whites and yellows. Tom thumb is a wonderful color, I wish I had one. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dramatic combo of colors. I adore Thalia and miss it as it scented the white garden at our old house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All aspects of your vase including the vase itself are delightful. Thalia is such a good daffodil. I love seeing your Brunnera. Early on I tried to encourage it in my garden but it has been very short-lived. I might give it another go. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Primulas are really eye-catching Noelle, and I am not surprised they caught your eye as you passed the shed! Lovely combination and the Narcissi are really pretty. Can't wait for mine to start flowering!

    ReplyDelete