Tuesday 19 February 2008

What will my next New Knitting Project be?

Whilst resting from knitting my third Swallow Tail Shawl, I'm winding up the skein of Hemp in Lace Weight. Having felt the way the yarn lies I can tell that there is a right direction for knitting this up. I want the fibres to be lying with the stitch rather than backwards, giving a smooth feel as one draws the fingers down the yarn away from the piece of work. At the very least this will be more comfortable of the hands whilst knitting up the garment.

The lastest Interweave Knits Magazine has a some tangy lace shawls and I am tempted to knit up some swatches in the hemp yarn, to see how it comes out. What I am really waiting for is my copy of Knitting Lace Triangles by Evelyn Clark, who by the way is the designer of the Swallow Tail Shawl. I couldn't find any in the Country and have ordered one wanting to be sure that I get one before they are all sold out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment