Wednesday 2 September 2009

Shows in and around Kenilworth

This is the season of local shows. I know that next year, we shall visit even more, but again this year Mr S and I decided to go over to view the efforts of Leek Wootton.

With a promise of home baked cake and tea, plus a request for help for scrumping for wild plums from hedgerows, Mr S agreed to a pleasant Sunday afternoon cycle ride to Leek Wootton. Last year Jenny was staying with us, and she was amazed by the Dahlias, Mr S suggested that we take a special picture for Jenny at the show.








Another week, I cycled over to the open afternoon at the local allotments, enjoyed tea and cake there, and chatting and helping Rita with the raffle. Rita has had an excellent stint on her plot, and for the last couple of years, has been able to keep half of it, but has decided to hang up her spade after the end of the season. Well she has said that she will still go down to see all her friends and also help them out!

I took these pictures of her Dracula Scare Crow with bottle of blood..beetroot juice, and her standing by her Mauritius flag and cut out in the grass. It was at the open day two years ago, when we had just moved, that I met Rita, I knew that I had found the plot of the Mauritian Lady, when I saw the outline of the coast, and ever since then Rita has been a truly great friend, and being from Mauritius, and similar generation to my Mum was such a real support during my very hard start in Kenilworth. We often meet, and have some very good laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment