Wednesday 3 April 2019

Rhubarb

I'm awaiting New Rhubarb Plants.......there will be a wait of a year of two before I have garden grown rhubarb, as they are special new cultivars with no 'Summer dormancy'..but they will arrive in small pots: Poulton's Red and Pouton's Pride.

In the meantime I 'picked' up some beautifully pink and long and tender stems from the Rocky Mountain Fruit and Veg Stall.....at the same time had a saunter round the Nursery, and bought a potted up Gooseberry Invicta from the Nursery, which is already sprouting, and has been planted in 'The Gooseberry Corner".

Rhubarb Gin







Rhubarb, Rye and Almond loaves...with more than a passing thanks to Dan Lepard having a type of template in His Rye Apple Cake in Short & Sweet, page 136.

4 comments:

  1. Almond cakes with orange drizzle here today ... but ours were bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will still be delicious Diana, I am sure.

      Delete
  2. Now there's food for thought. We've made damson and raspberry gin but never rhubarb. Thanks Noelle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some last year as a pressie for 'My Valentine'....also about six weeks later, I remove the rhubarb, which is used in such things as Eve's Pudding, with a little added apple, and of course lots of almonds in the topping.

      Delete