Sunday 3 May 2020

Using Zoom and baking along under my Bread Guru

If you search my posts you will find probably more than one hundred mentions of Jane Mason, so I was delighted to be able to join in on her sixth Covid Cookalong. I had received invitations to previous ones, but only until recently, having been poorly myself with a 'virus', didn't feel well enough or confident using Zoom.  Last week I joined my first Zoom meeting with some lovely friends from the WI....and now I can join in with other things. So thanks to all my WI friends who supported me through my first Zoom meeting!

I first baked Muesli Strangen ages ago.  There are always new tips to pick up...


And guess what's for breakfast tomorrow morning?


Jane also explained some of the sourdough techniques, and how to substitute the rye starter in a recipe: 4% is the key, using about a quarter of the liquid and dry ingredients for an overnight refresh, with the rest added the next morning.

3 comments:

  1. Zoom meetings are brilliant. My weekly knitting group has moved to Zoom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to be able to see your knitting friends, and share the progress, chat etc.

      Delete
  2. You have flour!!! I've just had my first experience of Zoom today joining in with an online session of one of the U3A interest groups that I belong to. It was great fun.

    ReplyDelete