Monday 18 January 2021

Cyclamen posy In a Vase on Monday

After all the fireworks, it is now time to do a little spring cleaning, and yesterday, during a little pottering around in the garden, found some early flowers.  Linking up with Cathy, who is the 'House Keeper' of this weekly Monday 'club', I am able to share with others a little of our gardens.

This particularly early flowering cyclamen coum could have featured in a posy a couple of weeks back, and really needs her moment of glory before the specials emerge. 



 The little bit of greenery is from a fern which 'arrived' in my previous garden, spores floating in from how far, your guess is as good as mine.  A few leaves of Ophiopogon planiscapus ‘Nigrescens’ picks up the deeper maroon of the base of the petals and underside of the leaf.

The posy is set against a very large and beautiful antique damask linen napkin which came to me from my grandmother.

7 comments:

  1. Your lovely cyclamen certainly are worthy of their own showcase. My eyes landed on the beautiful background almost immediately. How nice to have the special linen from your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister was also given a napkin, which she kindly gave to me, so I have two, which makes me doubly lucky.

      Delete
  2. This is such a sweet little vase, Noelle, and I find myself surprised that the stems of the cyclamen are as long as they are. The ophiopogon is perfect for picking out the darker details, as you say. Lovely - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never know how to display Cyclamen flowers to their best advantage but you do, Noelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That napkin is the perfect backdrop for your classy little cyclamen. Very stylish and such a lovely vignette on a dull January day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet little posy Noelle and what a fine family heirloon to inherit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always pleases me to have a connection to things. I've always loved linen...I even look after my teatowels!

      Delete