Monday 5 April 2010

Shocking pink

Some people like pink, and pink abounds these days. Pink is not normally my favourite colour but in flowers I do love strong pinks, pale pinks, any pinks. I do have a favourite fuchsia pink scarf....

Last year I acquired some miniature geraniums, which performed beautifully. I've overwintered these mostly in the conservatory, but getting bored with bringing them into the dinning room each evening, since Christmas I have kept them on south facing window sills. I've re potted three and taken some cuttings.

One pot of Royal Norfolk Dwarf Geraniums which had three plants having started to flower was kept as it is, and is brightening up the dull days.


I have so much more to learn about taking pictures, manipulating them, and uploading them. I can see so much of what is wrong with this one...but the reason I'm posting this picture is that I have just learnt how to crop a picture showing the whole plant and then resize it.

I was chatting to some friends at the Kenilworth Knit and Natter Group, and we were sharing our experiences and enjoyment of our blogs. Mandy explained how she had been cropping and resizing her pictures and this gave me the impetus to try something which I had been thinking about. Next time I go to the library I shall look out for books on photography, until now I have been working on the principle of point and shoot and hope for the best.

Working at my blog, and encouragement of friends has driven me to try new things and to improve on them. For me this takes time, it must be over two years since I started with my digital camera and blog, and I have learnt so much, and hope to go much farther.

2 comments:

  1. Also resizing the photos means you take up less memory space (<100k is good). When you post loads they start to mount up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely posts - I always look forward to them! I too am trying to improve my photographs. For me there is a lot of trial and error involved! One of the joys of a digital camera is being able to take several shots and then play around with them.

    ReplyDelete