Sunday 9 December 2012

Guess what this is



Have you guessed yet?  Come on, its quite easy......

When I was little my mum used to have a magazine where there was a close up of something, and you had to guess what it is....
Is it wool, maybe shoe laces? I've even been told that once years ago there was a hoax showing spaghetti growing on trees on Blue Peter, though I never saw it myself.  Getting the hint....



You must have guessed by now, its Pasta...my first home made batch using a rolling machine, which has been lurking in the cupboard for months, since I got it second hand....I've made gnocchi before, and I've occasionally had fresh pasta bought from a shop.  Usually I get dried pasta.  I wanted to wow my man with a simple and quick pasta dish, but with only brown pasta, I knew he would not have been really really Wowed...however delicious the sauce was.

As I made it, I realised it was sticking together, and I would need to air dry it for a bit, so out came my clothes airer...

We both went WOW when we had our first mouthful.  The texture, and flavour, and the way the sauce bathed the strands just made this the best pasta ever....can't wait to try different types.  But I shall make it earlier in the day, it took a little longer I guess because it was the first time, and we ended having dinner an hour later, than if I had just used shop bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment