Monday 9 May 2022

Late Spring Flowers in A Vase on Monday

Although I picked these yesterday and had them arranged and photographed this morning, I very nearly didn't join in.  My head feels muddled and upside down, and I couldn't remember the names of the plants.  Hey I searched my own blog and found them and did a cut and paste job of the names.  But then pals will have linked up with Cathy, so why let something so trivial get in the way of joining In a Vase on Monday.

I find that time has shrunk, things are taking me longer to do, and I seem to have jobs backing up.  I am sure it will seem better in a day or two. I may be over worrying about the state of affairs, and also the dry and parched ground and lack of rain.  I am as one with the garden, and sad that plants are suffering.  OK new plants are being tended to but it would be impossible or rather reckless to water the whole garden.


 White cornflower Centaurea Montana Alba,  mauve 
Polemonium reptans Lambrook Mauve, and 'scrambled egg' coloured 
Corydalis  ochroleuca aka Pseudofumaria alba, and some of the pink daisies which are still in full flower. These are plants that remind me of friends Anna who recommended the Polemonium, and Alison who gave me a few seedlings of the Corydalis.

Those Polemonium are really pretty, they are sterile and don't set seed, but not difficult to get a shoot to root, well I did it twice, once in December and again in January, not on purpose, but simply because I had accidentally broken off a basal rosette.  


I remember feeling quite upset when I damaged the plant, but trying to get it rooted, ended up in my having three plants: "Looking on the bright side of life".  Just looked up the song in my head got to cheer myself up, thanks to Monty Python.


9 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful arrangement, Noelle, and I'm glad you didn't allow a momentary brain fog to keep you from sharing it. I particularly love the Corydalis, which is yet another in the long list of plants I'm unable to grow successfully in my climate. I share your water woes as the noose on water use in my part of the world is getting tighter and tighter with our ever-deepening drought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful arrangement and nice to have plants that remind you of people. Feel better. Hope rains will come and nourish your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are feeling muddled at the moment, Noelle, and hope it passes soon. Did you not get any rain last week? My white centaura is just coming into to bloom too - I have been eyeing it up for a potential vase. Polemonium has not done well for me for a while, but I keep trying - good to know that the basal shoots will root easily. How curious the corydalis is, one I have not come across before - and how cute the overall vase it. Thanks for sharing it, Noelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No still no rain. I think the Plemonium may be quite short lived. I shall keep the original plant and report back in the future.

      Delete
  4. Singing Monty Python and arranging flowers, what could be better! Love the colors together and the Bellis are so cute! I need rain desperately here. hope we both get some precip soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be humming that in my head all day now too, but don't mind as Monty Python is always good for a laugh! I love the Corydalis and have never seen one that colour before. All in all a lovely vase Noelle, and I hope your week improves and maybe you get a drop of rain too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So full of blooms and color....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that muddle headed feeling has subsided and you have had some of the magical wet stuff now 😂 A lovely spring vase with one very familiar face in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am feeling far better now, and yes the rain has been wonderful. The water butt is already full, which is a good indication of the amount of rainfall. That plant will always remind me of you Anna.

      Delete