Wednesday 27 September 2023

Quick Lunch but not at the Savoy!

It wasn't exactly what would be served at The Savoy, but this did Mr S and I had for lunch, today. 

10 minutes before serving I had no idea what we would be having for lunch! Everything was in the fridge, except the garlic focaccia, (in the bread bin, defrosted for lunch yesterday) tomatoes from the two plants which Janette Billington brought months ago to the WI meeting, slow roasted yesterday, each with half a clove of garlic added to each half before slow roasting. On top areslices of ash rolled goat's cheese, roasted sweet potato, lentils, spring onions and olives in a 'melange', a drizzle of Fussels's Oak smoked cold pressed rapeseed oil with pomegranate molasses. It is great to have bits and pieces pre-prepared in the fridge. The roasted veg were made when the oven was on for other things, and with no great pre thought as to what they would be used for.


This morning was busy: Mr S was at the Cathedral Library and I took myself and Jenny off to visit a Wood Engraver Geri Waddington whose work I had admired at the Arts Contemporary Exhibition in Wells during August.  With the title who could not smile at 'Meet me at the Savoy'.

I came away with a little print, and this won't be the last one I buy, I have a mind to getting the Savoy one!  I also saw the current work in progress and loved the details of that so will be looking forward to that being launched. Yes Geri did mention that there was a lefty snail and yes they do exist! It must be Jeremy the sinistral snail!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm - that looks like my kind of lunch Noelle 😋 Love your new print and what a brilliant title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet bought that print, that was the picture at the exhibition at the Cathedral, you can see the reflection of the glass from the cloisters which I could not avoid. The one I brought back which is yet to be framed is that of an angel from a church beam.

    ReplyDelete