Tuesday 6 July 2021

Baklava Bites

 After making the Pigeon Pastillas I have filo pastry to spare, and by coincidence I had a fancy for Baklava.  With a great love of Pistachios the Baklava Bites recipe on BBC Food very much appealed. 

I more or less followed the recipe and technique, and tried various options, much preferring three layers  of pastry.  I also experimented regarding taking out the cooked bites, or leaving them in the tin, when filling with the honey syrup.  Both worked, but I ought to have reduced the syrup a little less, as it almost set like toffee on the top.  



All in all a very tasty petit four, where one could make quite a few,  varying the filling a little.  A topping of chocolate would also be an idea. As I don't have twenty four the same size, I used twelve smaller and twelve slightly larger tins, using my 'pressing thing' to get the pastry into the bottom.  My first attempt was the left hand bottom one.  As usual I froze quite a few.  They keep very well for a few days in a sealed box.



No comments:

Post a Comment