Monday 20 February 2023

In a Vase on Monday - More Snowdrops

 I enjoyed a day in the garden yesterday, after a few days of 'heavy mizzle' yes, not quite rain, but some rain some of the time, it was a joy.  To celebrate I cut a few special snowdrops and before I took it round to a neighbour's posed it on the edge of the mantleshelf for In a Vase on Monday.


These snowdrops were tall and large and therefore the Caithness vase was the right size to hold them and some twigs of Pittosporum Tom Thumb. There is Pat Mason in there at the front, joined by the enigmatic  Mrs Thompson, here with a stem with two flowers and beneath a flower with five petals.


Galanthus Mrs Thompson with five petals

Galanthus Magnet and Ginns Imperati just above



and standing tall at the back Merlin, which was bred by James Allen just a few miles down the road. For me it is a tall stemmed snowdrop here showing its characteristic full green inner marking.

Galanthus Merlin


Its just another Monday, not a manic Monday...and I am joining in with Cathy to show a few things in a Vase.  Anyone is invited to join in and add their vase with flowers from their garden, or just view and enjoy. 



11 comments:

  1. Pretty Snowdrops, I like them with Tom Thumb. I am amazed at the number of named varieties. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, this is just a tiny selection, many are not that different, but it is a collecting thing I think! I started collecting stamps and also blotting paper cards which my uncle and various family friends who were Doctors used to receive with adverts on. I only gave my collection of stamps away a few years ago!

      Delete
  2. The white and purple are a perfect colour match - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why you love them (even if I've no chance of seeing snowdrops up close and personal). They look great juxtaposed against the dark foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, and I love your exotics, so good to have people with very different gardens taking part in this meme.

      Delete
  4. I don't usually appreciate the various sorts of snowdrops but you have managed to capture the subtle differences so well Noelle! They look very pretty in your Caithness vase too.I bet that brightened your neighbour's day. Glad you could also get out in your garden. It does feel good to be gardening again, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is lovely to be outside Cathy, the sun is just breaking through this Wednesday afternoon and now the sun has come through I am going out there. With snowdrops you can get such a lovely show early on, and then later they disappear as other plants emerge.

      Delete
  5. How lovely to see all your specials, Noelle - Merlin is lovely, with his green innards. And what would we do without Tom Thumb?! I am not picking any of my specials this year, as I want to give them the very best chance of establishing them in their new home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you nearly got me searching for Galanthus Tom Thumb! I do have Tubby Merlin though, which is a short Merlin.

      Delete
  6. A lovely elegant vase of snowdrops and foliage Noelle and it must be most pleasantly scented too. We are expecting some rain here tonight which will be most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, yes it was nicely scented. Has it been so dry with you? Here we have had rain, but it is the season for moisture. We have had such varied weather during spring time for the last few years, one doesn't know what to expect.

      Delete