Monday 13 February 2023

In a Vase on Monday

Today it is one of those lovely  sunny days, with not a cloud in sky, but coolish, and this time of the year that means it will be cold tonight.  Elephant is definitely staying indoors.  Hopefully I shall shortly escape into the garden, after having baked Mr S's birthday cake. I shall wait till later to ice it.  



In the old Victorian ink bottle, Cyclamen coum from the garden in a variety of forms: all white, white with a pink and white 'nose', and the standard pink ones.  A fern like leaf from Corydalis  ochroleuca which has kept its green leaves all winter.  This one self seeded down the side alley in the shade and is a probably in the wrong place as it is clean grey gravel between the small wall and path, and I catch it when I push the cycle down to the shed.

I'm joining with Cathy who had lots of visitors yesterday to her Open Garden.  Let's hope she has time to put her feet up sometime today. Talk about coincidences, her post features elephants!

8 comments:

  1. How serendipitous with the elephant...and lovely to see flowers in that sweet antique vase. Cold and wintry here although February has been warmer. But winter will be returning with snow soon enough. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, it could well turn here too. I enjoy each day as it comes.

      Delete
  2. Elephants are certainly topical today Noelle and I've just remembered that I've got a one which I must share soon. Yours looks a bigger beast then Cathy's. A beautiful gathering of cyclamens of various hues. By the way if you have seen my email can you send me your address please. You'll know why 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love to view the variations, though the coum germination from some of my own seed in coming up in different variations, which I do like.

      Delete
  3. Ahah, elephants ad cyclamen - and I could well have had a little stone ink well, if I hadn't thought of the jug first, although most of my ink pots were full of table posies! I love the variation of cyclame coum, often n the same clump. It ust be adifferent type of corydalis from mine as here the foliage disappears for months on end, but what a lovely accompaniment to the cyclamen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy, it was quite a surprise when I opened up your post so that I could do a link. I haven't got any corms that give different coloured flowers but when different ones come up together, there can be a lovely variation in hues.

      Delete
  4. A lovely combination, well displayed against the handsome elephant in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ink bottle is perfect for a small arrangement. Pretty pinks and fresh green. So lovely to see the corydalis leaf… makes me realize spring is on the way!

    ReplyDelete