Monday 9 October 2023

Tree Appreciation Tuesday - A participant guide

I thought I would start up this weekly meme called Tree Appreciation Tuesday and today offer some guidelines which I shall attempt to adhere to myself as I post each Tuesday about a tree and my appreciation of it.  





Should you wish to join in here are some guidelines to help you along:

It could be a tree in a group, but essentially it is about 'The Tree'.  A picture, maybe taken on your phone, or with a camera, and it will may have been taken recently or it may just come a stunning picture in your photograph archive.  

It could an old tree, or big tree, a small one, one that has meaning and just touches one's heart. 

If I can or wish to it, it will have a close up of the leaf, and fruit or seed, maybe the bark and the roots if they are exposed, all depending on the season. I may have a description of where it is and the circumstances of coming across it.  I may add links to other posts or sources of information.  That way I can bring together my enjoyment of trees  in posts under the label/title 'Tree Appreciation Tuesday'.

Links to books, poems, places etc welcome.

Should you wish to join you are very welcome, and may link in on a regular basis, or from time to time, or just leave a comment. 

Should you wish to join, I will be delighted to read your post, linking into the weekly "Tree Appreciation Tuesday" meme, do add a link to my post in yours that week,  and remember to add a comment on my weekly post that contains a link to yours along with your comments:  that way everyone who reads my post can easily find your 'Tree Appreciation' post.

This is a 'draft' guideline, and if you have suggestion on changing or improving, your suggestions will be considered.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea, you already know my love of trees. I’ll try to join in, although I doubt my comments will be as thorough as yours. I probably won’t even know the type of tree for most of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, there are so many wonderful trees where you are, and I bet the pictures will be rather special. Also you know the locals to ask or many others can help to identify the tree type from the leaves and bark.

      Delete