Monday 26 May 2014

Sunny Day out in the Cotswolds

Sunny Day out...anyone reading this will wonder where we were.  This bank  holiday weekend is not really sunny, nearly a washout, but I am remembering last weekend.

Mr S had planned on going to a Model Railway Show in Stow.  He had planned this a few weeks before hand, and had 'bribed' or is it rather 'rewarded' my offer to go with him, with an offer of lunch out.  However, as the day bode hot, I suggested a picnic lunch.  I would rather have found a nice spot than spend a couple of hours in a restaurant, which also included the time to find one.  So looked out our National Trust Book and found an open property nearby.

We set off for Stow on the Wold, and made for the Town Hall.  I loved the room on the first floor, and was intrigued by all the old oil paintings on the wall, and other artifacts dating from the Civil war.  I spent time looking at these, whilst my dearly beloved looked at a very n gauge layout.




 After tea and cake, we had a tour of the town, and came across this lovely cookshop


and what did they have that caught my fancy but a casserole on very special offer!


Chastleton House was amazing, I can't believe that we have not been there before.  We had our picnic in the shade by the croquet lawns with a lovely bank of wild flowers behind us.


I spied some sempervivums growing wild on a wall..


Inside, the plasterwork and carvings are amazing




If you are thinking of visiting do check opening times as they will be closed during a few weeks in the summer for filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment