Thursday 12 January 2017

Japanese Knot Bag

After many years enjoying weekly WI craft sessions under Kay's expert tutelage in Kenilworth, it was with trepidation that I ventured out last night, along dark and very narrow country lanes to Wendy's Home.  I only went to my first Wells WI meeting this month, then joined them this week for their New Year's dinner, and have now got one craft session under my belt.  The needlecase, housewife, scissor keeps and the large bag with felted flowers on the side all made at the Kenilworth WI craft group over a number of years was much admired.

Wendy and other members made me feel most welcome, and I joined in the session cutting up my fabric for the Japanese Knot Bag...then just had to come to a halt.  With so very little sleep over the last few days...I am a little brain addled.....



but I watched Wendy as she expertly machined the base of the bag picking up all those tips, which I hope I shall be able to recall when I get the sewing machine out and get the bag ready for the next stage, for the next meeting of the craft group in about a month's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment