Sunday 14 June 2020

Flour tortillas from Dan Lepard's Short and Sweet

Made some tortillas today for the first time.  Another recipe from Dan Lepard's Short and Sweet.  There they are called Corn oil flour tortillas.  I just happened to have rapeseed oil which I used instead of corn or sunflower oil.  I used the water drained from my home cooked chickpeas, apart from that as per the book. 

 

They were delicious and so easy to make.  The filling consisted of a spicy stir fry/stew of things that had to be used up: the remains of the chicken, chickpeas, and some fresh peas from the garden, onions etc and spices, thyme, parsley and coriander from the garden.  A bit like a Mauritian rougaille. 

As I was flicking through to find the page of the recipe, my eye was caught by 'Lentil-stuffed flatbreads'.  Reading a little further into the recipe I saw the name Trinidadian dhal puri roti....so they make these there.  I wonder how they compare to Mauritian Dhal Puri?



No comments:

Post a Comment