Thursday 2 September 2021

Cobnut and Plum Tart by Dan Lepard

 I had slow roasted some plums yesterday, and was wracking my brains as to what to have for my Thursday treat.  Leafing through Short and Sweet, I came across just the thing: Cobnut and Plum Tart. The recipe is also available on line if you search for it.


Once more a very versatile recipe and technique which in essence is very similar to a crumble topped galette.  I used hazelnuts, and with the roasted plums which helps to concentrate the flavour.  I used 300g of the baked Victoria Plums.  Having eaten it I feel that a little golden demerara added to the topping and maybe some spice to the plums would be an improvement.  



Mr S liked it as it is. He asked if I was getting an extra-sweet tooth!

Sally arrived yesterday with a basket of plums from her garden.  As I have to return the basket tomorrow, the tart will still be lovely and fresh, and I hope that she and Peter will enjoy a couple of slices.  I've already made a few jars of Plum and Red Onion Chutney It will take three months or so to mature and again Sally and Peter are frequent recipients of a jar of my various Chutneys.

2 comments:

  1. Just ordinary pastry, Noelle? Sounds lovely. Despite the promise of plums when we bought this house the tree must have been so old that it had had enough by a few years as it more or less stopped fruiting and we eventually removed it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was made with the crumble type mixture which included the hazelnuts both top and bottom. I love plum season, and apple season with all the various varieties growing in orchards nearby.

      Delete