Sunday 20 February 2022

Galanthus Bertram Anderson in a Vase

 Three blooms of Galanthus Bertram Anderson in a Vase I bought a small pot of these but they were mixed in when I looked very closely with Galanthus J Haydn, which has fine pointed hearts on the outer of the inner petals. 




This snowdrop is a good grower and  should clump up nicely given a year or two. I separated them whilst I could still recognise the two different varieties. I happened to also get of pot of Galanthus J Hyden, I ought to have got a different one again. Galanthus Bertram Anderson is a very large flowered snowdrop described as 'a beauty rarely surpassed. It was selected from the famous horticulturalist 's garden after his death in 1971 and named for him.  E. B. Anderson lived in Somerset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment