Saturday 19 March 2022

Instant Garden - In a Bowl

 I was delighted that one of my favourite stalls at the market had returned.  Graham  from Tadham Alpines often brings a good selection of alpines.  He didn't have quite the full range, but non the less I chose a few plants, and three ended up being planted in an empty bowl.


The three pieces stone was collected as samples when the Geology group visited Doulting Quarry a few weeks ago.  Saxifraga anglica Grace Farewell is the one with longer stems at the top of the picture. The one of the right with the open pink flowers is Saxifraga 'Pink Melba', I've not grown these type of Saxifrages before but I am learning. The little grey leaved plant is Anternneria dioica alba sometimes called 'pussytoes'.

I may have made a mistake with these as they all need slightly different light/sun regimes, but I'll keep a close eye on it move them out in some shade if the sun gets too hot, but it would be easy enough to slip in a different plant if necessary. 

2 comments: